Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Chicago Bound

Stitches Midwest is nearly upon us! This year's show is in a brand new location in Schaumburg, IL. Our home for a few days will be the Renaissance Hotel & Convention Center. It's a brand new facility and we'll be the only show happening. Registered students can shop the market on Thursday evening from 5-8pm. The market is open to the general public Friday and Saturday from 10-6pm and Sunday 10-4pm. We will be in booths 513-618. Our crew this year includes Pete our Ops Mgr (in other words, he makes sure your orders get picked, packed & shipped), KT our Asst. Store Manager, Kirsten our Design Coordinator, Andra our most faboo Berroco rep and of course Steve & I. Be sure to stop by, say hi, do a little shopping, check out our Valley Yarns and garments (including all the new ones for fall!), Berroco's fall line and garments (Andra will have both of her Assemblages on display, plus lots more). We'll have some Kauni in the booth (get it while it lasts) and lots of great deals.
In other news, last week we received the new Nectar pattern book from Rowan. It's stunning.


We also have Kim Hargreaves Heartfelt and this great garment is on display in the store.


Knit in Kid Classic - isn't it lovely?

And I love the necklace (courtesy of WEBS Beads):



When we received in Artyarns Silk Pearl and Beaded Pearl & Sequins, I was in love. But we all know I am the slowest knitter around, so when Leslie Ann commented that she was wanting to give it a whirl on the Rigid Heddle Loom, I knew we could accomplish two things at once:
Isn't it gorgeous. I know, the photo doesn't do it justice. I am bringing home a Schacht Flip Loom after Midwest and I am making one of these in every colorway. This beauty took one hank of Silk Pearl for warp and one skein of Bead Pearl and Sequins for weft.
LA - I cannot thank you enough!

In other news, several of us had the chance to celebrate the upcoming wedding of Mary. Here's the lovely bride and groom.

We had a great time and are looking forward to the wedding this fall.
Oh and look at this creation - a wedding cake made from towels!

People are so clever! It was very cool.

J1 & J2's epic summer continued last week with our 3rd Red Sox game of the season.






This one was extra special because (a) I won tickets and I NEVER win anything and (b) the raffle I entered help to contribute to medical expenses for a very sick child in our town.

The seats were incredible:

We even had a waitress and menus!



Fenway franks never tasted so good!

I hope to see lots of you in Chicago!

Kathy

P.S. Don't forget - I am now on Facebook and have created a WEBS Page. It still needs some work, but it's coming along. If you are on Facebook, look me up as a friend and certainly join the WEBS page!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Love the scarf and already have the loom, so I ordered the yarn - yippee! Beautiful - thanks for the suggestion. B.

Meliabella said...

Looks like you guys will have a great trip! (I secretly wish I could come along. I love working Stitches) Mary and Ed are so cute! And your seats for the Sox game were amazing! And yay for great causes.

Safe Travels!
Melissa
(Meliabella)

 
Add to Technorati Favorites