Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Franklin's Colorway is Here!

It was quite the day today at the shop! Among the many boxes of yarn that arrived today was this:





Finally! Franklin's "Color Commentary" colorway from Lorna's Laces! If you haven't already heard, Lorna's is teaming up with celebrity bloggers to create limited edition colorways in their Shephard Sock Yarn. What fun! Shephard Sock is already a great sock yarn and the "color of the month" concept has pretty much been done, but I am loving this refreshing new take on limited edition colors. Franklin is Franklin Habit of The Panopticon blog and soon to be released book "It Itches" from Interweave Press. If you don't normally read his blog, I strongly encourage you to add it to your bloglines!

I can't wait to see what some of the other bloggers come up with! If you are interested in owning a skein of this yarn, I suggest you order quickly or stop by the store before it's all gone. (Note: small glitch with the shipment and we only received one bag today, but do not despair, the balance of our order will be here in a couple of days). The "Color Commentary" colorways retail for $11.00/2oz hank and you will need two hanks for a pair of socks.


I have a couple of other exciting new products to share with you, but those will have to wait until tomorrow! There's no way I can ever blog about everything new that comes in, so I encourage all of you to frequently check our New Yarns section.


I do want to show you this:





Another fab creation from one of our amazing customers. This is our own Valley Yarns Longmeadow - doubled! Let me tell you, it felt and looked incredible!



Kathy

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites