We ended up with an 1" or 2". Just enought to coat the grass and trees. It's been well documented that I am not a winter person, but the first snowfall is magical nonetheless. My biggest issue with winter is the duration. If we could transition to spring around February 1st, I would be a happy camper.
I've got a few other updates and such to share. These are in no particular order.
1. Starting this weekend, WEBS will be open Sundays from 12-5pm through New Years.
2. We are closed Thursday to celebrate Thanksgiving, but we're open tomorrow, Friday and Saturday from 10:00-5:30pm.
3. For those of you shopping on-line with us, in order to get your items by Christmas, WITHOUT expedited shipping charges, your order must be received by the following cut-off dates at 3:00pm: WEST COAST - December 14th, MIDWEST/SOUTH - December 17th and EAST COAST - December 18th. We can continue to ship past these dates, but you will have to upgrade your shipping to 2nd Day Air or Next Day Air. We hate to see anyone pay more money for shipping than necessary!
4. WEBS' Year-End Sale will run from Wednesday, 12/26 through Wednesday, 1/2. We will be CLOSED on New Year's Day. Remember, this sale is both in the store AND on-line. We'll be mailing the flyers mid-December-ish, so shuffle through those holiday cards and look for our logo!
5. The latest project for the Ready, Set, Knit! podcast KAL is posted. Since this is a "mystery" bag, we are doling out the instructions and photographs as we go.
6. Our Winter/Spring Class schedule will be posted this coming Monday, 11/26. We have a great line-up of classes and events and we're excited to welcome Beth Brown-Reinsel, Melody Macduffee and Cat Bordhi to WEBS!
7. Oh, and speaking of special events, if you are in the area, be sure to join us on Sunday 12/16 from 2-4pm for a VERY special event. We will be celebrating the launch of Melissa Morgan-Oakes new book "Two-At-A-Time Socks", being published by Storey publishing. Melissa is a faboo designer and teacher extraordinaire and a dear friend as well. We are so excited about her book. She will be giving a short presentation about the book, the making of the book, the technique, etc. She will be signing copies AND if you buy the book at WEBS, you will receive an EXCLUSIVE sock pattern using her technique! We'll have refreshments and much merriment, so be sure to be there!